After exchanging homemade cards for Valentine’s Day (p.s. I CANNOT find one greeting card in this town – I guess it’s not common practice to give Hallmark type cards – so while we’re here, expect postcards!) we decided to pack up a night’s worth of gear and head an hour away to Cerro Castillo, one of the more beautiful spots we've seen in Patagonia.
Upon arrival we decided to drive a little further to check out the scenery before dusk. Because most of the roads here are unpaved and rocky we got a flat which apparently is super common here. Billy managed to fix it and we were on our way…we found a cheap hostal and some eats and headed to bed to rest up for our big journey. And a journey it was. We thought we had a good idea of the trail from previously looking at a regional map but the trails here are unlike the marked trails in the
I was beginning to think summer in Northern
Coyhaique houses roughly 55,000 people, about 5,ooo stray dogs and is considered the capital of this region. Two supermarkets, one gym, a military base and two main streets with shops and restaurants encompass Coyhaique. We’ve met some incredible people who are more than happy to practice Spanish conversational skills with us which, by the way, are improving daily. But unfortunately we have a Chilean accent and slang working against us. The natives tell us it’s the hardest Spanish to understand which is comforting to hear because I was beginning to doubt myself and the $375 we spent on Rosetta Stone.
Over the weekend we had a cousin of Catalina’s and his 4 friends stay at the house. They jokingly called me mom and I sadly felt like one. They are all 20 yr old university students from
Awesome Kerri! Looks like you guys are having a blast!
ReplyDeleteThinking of you. Hope you're okay.
ReplyDelete-Drew and Estella